Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A scarf for my niece - Done!

Started:  10/25/2014
Finished:  5/9/2015

I bought this yarn because I couldn't help it.
Really, who could resist?

So now I needed a pattern that would show it off.  And a worthy recipient.

I'm vacillating between these patterns:
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/holding-hands-feeding-ducks
But I'm leaning toward the second one.

And my niece is the perfect person.
1) She's my niece, and adorable.
2) She was so excited watching me knit socks, that she wants her mother to learn how to knit.
3) My husband is making a scarf for said mother as his first knitting project (that will get its own blog post later).

So, project #4 is queued up.


10/25/2014:
I've finished a project (hubby's socks) and can start a new one.  (I gave myself a limit of 3 concurrent projects so I wouldn't be a lunatic.)  So it's time to cast this one on!  I've decided on the second pattern (holding hands, feeding ducks) for her.  Here's my progress so far:

10/26/2014:
This pattern is so much fun with this yarn!

11/1/14:
Making good progress!


12/7/14:
About 2 feet done now.
 5/9/15:
 Done!  Four feet long, one skein used. 



No comments:

Post a Comment