Sunday, September 6, 2015

My perfect socks? - WIP

Started: 9/5/2105
Finished: (not yet)

9/5/2015:
This new pair is toe-up. I did Judy's magic cast on, I'm increasing the toe using twisted yarn-over increases, and I plan to do a Fish Lips Kiss heel. Also, since I'm moderately insane, I plan to only complete the toe, then start the second sock inside out and do the toe, then knit both feet using sock-inside-a-sock. Then separate again to do the heels, and together again for the legs. I'm hoping to find my perfect sock formula. 

9/6/2015:
I'm liking the twisted YO increases a lot.  They'll be my go-to increase from now on.
Sock 1: CO 16, increase every round to 28, increase every other round to 60.
Toe done:


9/7/2015:
I started the second toe (private side out) but haven't completed it yet.  It was a holiday weekend, and we went out to play.  I'm not going to beat myself up over that.  But I've increased it to 52 sts, so I'm almost there.  And it started with a completely different part of the color repeat, which is awesome.  There's nothing worse that *almost* matching stripes.  That makes it look like you failed, instead of looking intentionally quirky and mismatched.  I have lunch plans today, but I should be able to finish the toe tonight.  then to join the two socks and whip through the feet two at a time!

9/13/2013:
Holy moley, I had to rip and re-knit this toe about 20 times.  Only minor mistakes, but easier to start over than try to fix.  And the yarn held up beautifully through all the abuse.
And both on the same needles now, ready to commence feet.



9/30/2015: This is going very slowly.  Not only small needles and small yarn, but I'm focusing more on my mom's pillow right now.  But I'm probably an inch into the foot proper now.  No pictures at this time.

10/3/2015:
Finally, a picture.



10/10/2015:
Oh boy is this slow.  I mean, I understand that it's small stitches on small needles with small yarn, and it's both at once, but holy hells I didn't think it would go so slowly!  I don't have a picture right now, but I'd say I've probably done another inch since that last picture.  An inch!  In a week!  At this rate, it's going to take me... wait... never mind, skip the math.  But it's Way Too Long.


No comments:

Post a Comment